20 ON-THE-WATER ACTIVITIES TO DO AS COUPLES IN MARINA DEL REY, LOS ANGELES
Taking a holiday? Whether a week-long vacation or a quick weekend break, traveling as a couple is a great way to keep the love alive, and we’ve put together 20 water activities to do as a couple in Marina Del Rey. Marina Del Rey offers many fun on-the-water activities for couples in Los Angeles. Here are some on-the-water activities you and your someone special can do together in L.A.’s Marina.
- Through YOGAqua, you can sign up for a 90- nanosecond yoga class on a stage-up paddleboard at Marina ” Mother’s ” Beach.
- Take advantage of the calm bays of Marina ” Mother’s” Beach and go stand-up paddle boarding with PRO SUP Shop.
- Marina ” Mother’s ” Beach offers kayak rentals for exploring the harbor and seeing the original ocean-Napoleons.
- You can try windsurfing at UCLA Recreation Center.
- Dance under the stars on a regal voyage with Hornblower sails & Events
- Charter a private skippered yacht and cruise along the Los Angeles coastline. Take in views of the world-famous Venice Beach Boardwalk or the Santa Monica Pier’s recreation area.
- Bring your food and drink on an electric Duffy boat. Hourly rates are available through Marina Del Rey Boat rentals.
- Enjoy an evening on a themed party cruise around the harbor, like LA Yacht Parties’ Jammin Reggae Cruise.
- During the summer, you can take the Water Bus to 8 stops throughout the Marina for $1 per person, one-way.
- Wharf & Dine Hungry in between sailing adventures? At Killer Shrimp Restaurant & Bar and Fisherman’s Village, you can dock your boat, paddleboard, or kayak and enjoy a meal or happy hour at the cafes.
- Looking for a quick tour? Hire a boat and captain to take you up to Catalina Island or Santa Barbara for the day.
- Experience deep-ocean fishing in Santa Monica Bay with Marina del Rey Sportfishing.
- Spend some time out in the open swell watching Goliaths and wildlife. Jumbos migrate north during the winter as they resettle in the Pacific.
- Marina del Rey Parasailing offers an exhilarating ride above Venice Beach, the world’s most famous beach.
- Surf the swells in the Marina cape on a spurt-ski. Hourly settlements are available through Marina del Rey Boat Settlements.
- Learn the basics of windjammers and sailing in the Marina. Check out this list of companies that offer sailing classes either via group or private assignments.
- Would you like to row together? At UCLA Mac Center, you can experience delightful and invigorating sculling. Weekday and weekend classes are available.
- Discover the hundreds of acres of swab and brackish swampland that are being revitalized in the Ballona washes, located at the southern edge of the Marina. Several times a month, stroller-guided trails and organized tours are offered.
- Do you prefer fishing on land? You can go fumbling together at the North and South Docks. Marina del Rey Sportfishing at Fisherman’s Village (13739 Fiji Way) is open daily from 5 a.m. – 6 p.m. Customers can purchase live or frozen bait with a pail or cooler. The bait wharf allows wharf fishing between 6 a.m. and 4 p.m. for $ 10 per person, including bait. Fishing licenses and rental rods are available at the wharf (with advance notice).
- Daniel’s Bike Rentals in Fisherman’s Village rents by the hour, so you can enjoy a quick bike lift on a Marvin Braude Coastal Bike Trail member or just pedal around the Marina.
We hope you enjoy these 20 On-the-Water things on your next visit to Los Angeles.
Make sure you also take time to relax at a nearby Los Angeles hotel like AGA Hotels.